Health & Safety Updates
To our valued guests,
Our Resort is open, including guest rooms, dining options – Rae’s on the Beach, Bongo’s Beach Bar & Grill and Jack’s (breakfast), pool decks and private beach and marina – with safety and social distancing in mind.
[September 2020 Update] Pink Shell Beach Resort & Marina was awarded the Florida Restaurant & Lodging Seal of Commitment—a promise that our establishment achieved enhanced safety and sanitation standards designated by FRLA to ensure the safety of guests and employees. Read the full press release here.
[July 2020 Update] In accordance with the Town of Fort Myers Beach’s most recent declaration announced July 1, 2020, Pink Shell will require all guests over the age of six to wear a mask while indoors. Masks will also be required outdoors when social distancing is not available—however, our team has put social distancing measures in place in outdoor areas including the pool and beach to ensure guest comfort. Please find more detailed information below.
We are making additional adjustments to our individual booking policies to give you extra peace of mind:
- For New and Existing Reservations. All reservations that are scheduled for arrival or made for travel between now and December 24, 2021, are fully refundable and can be changed or cancelled at no charge up to 24 hours before your arrival date.
We look forward to welcoming you back and as it has always been, the safety of our guests and associates remains our highest priority. We take great pride in maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene and continue to take additional measures, following AHLA Safe Stay Guidelines, to make our cleaning and hygiene protocols even more rigorous. Below are the new stricter measures we are taking as a team to welcome you back for a memorable and safe vacation.
- Hand sanitizing stations have been installed in all public areas for your convenience.
- We encourage all guests to follow 6 foot social distancing, providing floor markers as indicators.
- Complimentary masks for guests will be available at the front desk.
- Front desk plexiglass protection shield will be put in place.
- All staff have undergone an extensive orientation and training on Covid-19 situations and expectations.
- Staff will have temperature checks each morning at daily meetings to ensure all staff are healthy while on property working.
- Staff will be equipped with masks and gloves for all duties when needed.
- All public area spaces and communal areas will be cleaned and disinfected multiple times a day with emphasis on frequent contacted surfaces including but not limited to, front desk check in counters, bell desks, elevators and elevator buttons, door handles, public bathrooms, ice machines, room keys and locks, ATM’s, gym equipment, pool seating, dining surfaces and all seating areas.
- Social distancing will be enforced by staff at the pool and beach. All pool and private beach chair ‘groupings’ will be placed at a minimum of 6 feet apart
- All transactions will be cashless.
- Click here to view our Guest Room Deep Cleaning Overview
- In-room housekeeping service during stay will be by guest request only. Staff will not enter guest rooms without guest permission, unless in case of emergency.
- Guest room cleaning and disinfecting protocols will require that particular attention is paid to high-touch, hard non-porous items including television remote controls, toilet seats and handles, door and furniture handles, water faucet handles, night stands, telephones, in room control panels, light switches, temperature control panels, alarm clocks, luggage racks and flooring. The frequency of cleaning during your stay may be altered by your request.
- Linens, towels and laundry will be washed in accordance with CDC and manufacturer’s guidelines. Where possible items will be washed with the warmest permissible water setting and dried completely. Dirty linens will be transported and stored for 2 days before washing to leave time for decontamination.
- All rooms will be scanned with an Ultraviolet Sanitizer wand at the end of cleaning the room by the exiting housekeeper.
Food and Beverage:
- Food and beverage service will reduce in-person contact with guests. Dining tables will be spaced at 6 feet between tables.
- Chalkboard menus will replace the current single printed menus, and will be brought to each tables as the guests order. No guest to guest contact via menu handling.
- All condiments will be in portion controlled units.
- All service wear will be wrapped individually for each guest.
- An extensive opening and closing procedure for sanitation, both for front and back of house, have been implemented.
- All front of house and back of house associates will be in masks and gloves during service at all times.
- Implementation of overnight master sanitation program with a designated leader has been developed, covering all areas of food and beverage.
- All disposable paper and plastic will be used around the pool and beach areas to maximize safety and further prevent contamination.
- All fruits and vegetables will be washed and sanitized as per safe serve standards.
- All beverages will be served in closed containers where possible, with lids and paper straws.
- All transactions will be cashless.
- All public area spaces and communal areas in the spa will be cleaned and disinfected multiple times a day with emphasis on high-touch points including handrails, lockers, sinks, bathrooms, chairs and massage tables.
- All treatment rooms will be cleaned and sanitized between guests.
- All associates will be wearing a mask.
- We encourage all guests to follow social distancing guidelines.
- In accordance with local government mandates, we ask that all guests wear a mask at check-in.
We have taken enhanced health and safety measures for our guests and associates, however there is an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness or even death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), senior citizens and persons with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable. By visiting Pink Shell Resort and Marina you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
Whether you are traveling now or in the future, we are ready to welcome you with warm hospitality and safe, memorable experiences!
The Pink Shell Beach Resort & Marina Team